Thursday, September 15, 2011

Meteor shower



Star light, star bright,
                                                               First star I see tonight,
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight.


We all know that poem. We all know what we see when we say that. A "falling star". But the thing is, they aren't actually falling stars. They are actually meteors. We probably picked up the line "falling star" because they really look like falling stars. And falling meteors are scary.

There were supposed to be falling stars tonight. Mr.A told us it would be tonight at 9. He said that there would be approximately 500 stars falling tonight, hence the term meteor shower. But it's quarter to 10 already and no "falling stars". :( Although Mr.A did say that it would only be seen if the sky would be clear. And it looks clear to me, no rain or rain clouds. Just clouds...which on second thought does not make it that crystal clear...

Ugh, I was really looking forward to this meteor shower since I never witnessed one before. We were looking forward to it. Everyone is actually going crazy on Twitter because they can't see any meteors. I am surprised "meteor shower" isn't trending yet! (hahaha) My best friend and my other friend is also in IT Park, wanting to witness the meteor shower clearly. But their efforts are put to waste unfortunately. 

But who knows? Maybe it'll start later this evening. Maybe it'll start right after I give up. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment